Thursday 1 November 2012

one year on.. our wedding invitations



We just celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month, which has prompted me to post here about our wedding.



I designed our invitations myself, our names and the date were handwritten by my dad.



They were beautifully printed onto thin sheets of real birch wood by wood chick studios.



Our ceremony was held in our local registry office, with limited capacity for guests, so I designed an alternative invitation for those guests invited to the evening reception.





On the reverse was a simple design with just the maple leaves and our kanji, MrKanji helped me work out Japanese kanji to represent mine and Karl’s names.



The maple leaves design was inspired by the beautiful vintage Japanese kimono silk which I bought to make my wedding dress, mentioned before here, more on this and other details to follow.. It will be lovely to revisit all the details of our special day, I hope you enjoy hearing about it..

1 comment:

  1. I thought I recognized the leaf pattern and I love that you used birch wood - what lovely and truly memorable invitations.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..

Related Posts with Thumbnails