Tuesday 11 May 2010

butterflies birthday card



Oliver and Cyan made this pretty card for Grandma’s birthday. Cyan decided they should make a card with butterflies because “Grandma likes butterflies”. So I cut out some butterfly shapes from coloured paper, and showed them how to finger-paint patterns on one side (they ended up adding paint to both sides but never mind!) then fold them in half and press down to get a symmetrical pattern on both wings.

When the paint was dry I stuck a strip of double-sided sticky tape down the middle on the back of the butterflies, they stuck them onto the card, Cyan drew them some curly silver antennae and stuck the white sparkly letter stickers to say “Happy Birthday Grandma”.




Linked:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anji!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment. My style sense is not for the faint of heart, for sure. There isn't a piece of burlap or twine to be seen :)

    Your projects with the children are exceptional. When mine were young I tried to engage them in crafts, but it was I that ended up doing them after they lost interest in about 5 seconds flat. ha ha. Keep at it, hopefully it will rub off and stick with them through life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel!

    My kids are *always* crafting, making stuff, colouring, drawing etc etc with-or-without me! It is never-ending! Sometimes I wonder what I've started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable... I always love seeing projects that the kiddos can be apart of! Thanks for joining the POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun kids craft! Mine are just about the age to really start getting into it and I'm loving to try and find ways to have them create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice craft for the kids. They will definitely love this.
    dining table

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..

Related Posts with Thumbnails