Friday, 7 May 2010
This is a dinosaur pennant banner / bunting I made as a thank you for my very first Etsy order. It is personalised with the birthday boy’s name and coordinates with the party bags I made for his dinosaur party. I actually decided to make it because I had some off-cuts of fabric left over from making the party bags, just right to make bunting.
I have never made bunting before, and I am so pleased with how it turned out. I need to make more with Oliver’s name on for his bedroom, and then of course more with girly prints and Cyan’s name for her room...
I decided not to seam the flag edges for two reasons – well three really I suppose – 1. I wanted to make the most of the off-cuts I had. 2. I thought that seams might make the edges too bulky. 3. easier to make without seams! Not sure if it actually is easier, but I like how it looks anyway.
I used green cotton and Bondaweb iron-on adhesive for the letters, dinosaur prints with green gingham backing for the flags (also fixed with Bondaweb). I top-stitched the letters and flags with brown thread to match the fabulous green and brown saddle-stitch grosgrain ribbon which the flags hang from.
Dinosaur party goods are available in my Etsy shop, maybe even bunting too – one day soon!